CHINIOTI MUTTON KUNNA
A delicious Chinioti Mutton Kunna recipe for bakra Eid. It is so easy, as any kunna recipe should be, and it tastes amazing! Impress your guests (or just your family because stay home stay safe?) with this truly mouthwatering Mutton Kunna.
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1½ kg mutton big pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 3-4 teaspoons Kashimiri red chili powder heaped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- 4 tablespoons Shan kunna gosht masala
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder/dhanya powder
- 1 teaspoon black cumin/kala zeera Crush by hand
- 6 tablespoons Whole wheat flour/aata dissolved in 1 cup water
- Ginger sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Green chilies sliced
Heat oil in a large pot, add sliced onion and fry for 5 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
Next, add mutton, salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, Shan kunna gosht masala, coriander powder, and bhunofy (yes, I'm using this word :D ) for 10 minutes. Cover and keep on low flame for 20 minutes.
Then, uncover and bhunofy for 10 minutes. Add water gradually as required. Cover again and let it cook till mutton is ¾th cooked.
Now, add whole wheat flour dissolved in water and cook for 5 minutes. Add water as required for gravy. Cover and cook till oil comes on the surface and meat is fully cooked. Add crushed black cumin. Garnish with coriander leaves, sliced ginger and lemon wedges.