Thai Crunch Salad With Tangy Peanut Butter Dressing
Crunchy salads are the best kind of salads, period. This Thai Crunch salad is loaded with fresh ingredients that make it true to it’s name; two kinds of crisp cabbage, fresh carrots, roasted peanuts and bell peppers!
Peanut butter has a heavenly flavor on it’s own. Who knew it can be made into a salad dressing!? A high-powered food processor (or blender) quickly brings this salad dressing together.
With rich, creamy peanut butter, tanginess of fresh lemon, and honey for a touch of sweetness, the most wonderful flavors coat this ultimate crunch salad.
Yes, I know we have been hearing this all are life, but salads are really, extremely important for your health.
They are so nutritious; packing LOADS of vitamins and minerals in their fresh ingredients and they provide you with fiber that you need more than you think. So my friends, always try to keep a bowl of salad with your lunch and dinner. (:
I try to put different types of salads on the dinner table every now and then, to keep it interesting (and tasty!). And this Thai Crunch Salad was definitely among the unique ones I’ve made.
Featuring crisp and colorful ingredients, it’s truly a sight for sore eyes.
If you are into Thai salad, you may also like this Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad.
What variations can I try?
- Red, orange or yellow bell peppers or a mix of colors.
- Spring onions/scallions/green onion
- Grilled Chicken (for a filling light meal)
- Almond butter (instead of peanut butter)
- Orange juice or lime juice (instead of lemon juice)
- Rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar (instead of white vinegar)
In the mood for some fresh, healthy salad right now? Go ahead and try it out!
Thai Crunch Salad With Peanut Dressing
FOR THE SALAD
- ½ cup green/white cabbage
- ½ cup red cabbage
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- ½ cup green bell pepper/capsicum
- 1 cucumber half lengthwise, remove seeds, and thinly slice
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
FOR THE THAI PEANUT DRESSING
- ⅛ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- Slice the cucumber length wise, remove the seeds by scraping a spoon through the center (lengthwise), then thinly chop.
- Shred the carrots, or cut them thinly.
- Boil the edamame, strain and keep aside.
- Chop the white cabbage, red cabbage, capsicum and mint leaves.
- Dry roast peanuts in a small frying-pan and let cool.
- Finally, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle peanut dressing as needed, toss again. Serve immediately.
FOR THE DRESSING
- Combine all ingredients (except mint and coriander leaves) in a high-powered food processor or blender, and process till the dressing becomes smooth. Then, add the mint leaves and coriander leaves, process for 30 seconds. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Mix the dressing into the salad ONLY at the time of serving to prevent your salad from getting soggy
- To add extra crunch, use thinly sliced carrots instead of shredded carrot
Did you try this recipe?
I would love to know how it turned out for you! Leave me a comment below and post a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #theovenist