Coconut Snow Balls
These adorable little coconut snow balls are one of the quickest things I have ever made. Containing only 3 ingredients, they’re ready for serving within 10 minutes! And yes, they taste as good as they look.
These coconut balls also go by the names coconut laddus or coconut mithai. They’re fairly common; you must have come across them by one of these names. I like to call them coconut snow balls because…well because it sounds cuter 😛
You can try different colors each time, especially if there is a party theme to match! This (picture below) is one of the times I chose greens, yellows, and blues, and sent these coconut snow balls over to a friend.
You know how you need to make presentable desserts for Eid, that are quick and easy to make, taste delicious and (most importantly) can be made ahead of time? This recipe is all those things, and infact I made these last Eid and the guests found them so adorable! You can even try this Anday aur sooji ka halwa for Eid breakfast.
TIPS TO GET PERFECT COCONUT SNOW BALLS
1) Add just a little food color. Light colored coconut snow balls look best.
2) Weight each ball before shaping it so they all look exactly the same.
3) If the dough seems very soft, add a little more desiccated coconut.
4) If the dough seems hard, add a little more condensed milk.
Go ahead, try them out! It does not get easier than this 🙂
Coconut Snow Balls
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (NOT SHREDDED)
- 3 tablespoons milk powder
- 100 grams condensed milk
- Pinch of food color optional
- Dessicated coconut (NOT SHREDDED)
- Pistachios sliced
- In a bowl, combine desiccated coconut, milk powder and condensed milk to make a soft dough. Then add food color (if using) and mix. You may divide the dough into two or three pieces, and add a different color to each.
- Shape into small balls and roll in extra desiccated coconut. Garnish with pistachios.
- Add just a little food color. Light colored coconut snow balls look best.
- I weight each ball before shaping it so they all look exactly the same
- If the dough seems very soft, add a little more desiccated coconut.
- If the dough seems hard, add a little more condensed milk.
Did you try this recipe?
I would love to know how it turned out for you! Leave me a comment below and post a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #theovenist.